Pelmeni are savory meat-filled dumplings popular in Ukraine and other European countries. This easy pelmeni soup recipe is kind of like wonton soup or chicken and dumplings – and just as easy to make.
If you can’t find frozen and don’t have time to make homemade pelmeni, wontons or your favorite dumplings could be substituted. Serve this pelmeni soup recipe for a light dinner or lunch.
Cuisine: European / Ukrainian
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 to 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 to 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 carrot, chopped fine or grated
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 12 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound fresh or frozen pelmeni (try this easy homemade pelmeni recipe)
- chopped parsley, to taste
Here’s how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a soup pot. Add the onions, green onions and carrots and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the dumplings and gently simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes or until dumplings float to the top.
- Sprinkle in the parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.